Call us 720-201-9109
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me - it is crucial for my well being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment. I only have you!
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it!
7. Remember, I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand and I choose not to bite you even if you choose to strike me.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart may be getting old and weak.
9. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch it" or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember, I love you!
-Stan Rawlinson, 1993
Here are some great rescues, agencies, and other pet resources.
*Retriever Rescue of Colorado (RROC)
*Denver Dumb Friends League (DDFL)
The Best Dog Walking, Cat Care and Pet Sitting Service in Highlands Ranch